Monday, 23 November 2009

Looking down

Our week of free motoring is over. The wee blue Polo abandoned outside our home when a friend broke her wrist has finally been returned and parked up dry in her garage until some time after christmas. Life is a wee bit tricky when you suddenly only have one hand in action so we helped out where we could. I offered to help her with her shower which she was afraid to take without someone in the house in case of mishap. I was surprised that my offer was refused since she was the one who made a much more interesting suggestion to me not long after I started seeing her cousin many years ago. Does she not fancy me any more? Dishes were washed, tins and jars opened and shopping packed away before we departed safe in the knowledge that another friend will be passing by within 48 hours to do the same. This is going to keep us occupied for a few weeks, guess we will not be getting home made christmas cake this year, think she is going to give away all the books she no longer wants judging by the questions she dropped!


That was a lucky break in the weather and it is now lashing against the windows with heavy rain again. No word of my snap digi camera, guess they must have gone away soon after we left. Shame really I would have liked to make a short macro video of the erupting carbuncle, there does not seem to be any educational video available on the net on this subject but I am missing my chance and you all get to keep down your lunch.


Monday


Life getting back to some sort of normality. Liz came to help in garden and we filled holes in the walls with mortar, a job she has been wanting to do for months and really enjoyed. When I discovered her parents were having a days holiday a long lazy lunch was organised so that took care of the afternoon… Liz took away carrots and jerusalem artichokes, she likes to make her mother pass gas!


Decided to preempt any aches from bending and carrying and have the first sauna and shower for 12 days since leg sewn up. Tried new timing starting early evening before eating leaving the whole evening free, why did I not think of this before? Compensates for the early darkness outside. I can make a saving since I can no longer stand the heat that I did before, it made me feel a little jealous for those of you living out in the desert. As I sat on the bench in the warm coloured light I took time to look down and consider how I now look. It is a year since I had my orchiectomy, see recent post on pinkessence, and the view has changed! Still waiting to see about HRT this is the UK health service I have to deal with after all, even so there are softly rounded small breast shapes there. Slightly hippy where the buttocks have swelled while the arms and legs are finer with the loss of muscle mass. A swell of belly feels different from the old one, much softer as is all the skin which without my reading glasses appears hairless, that is because the hair is now finer and more sparse and it gets a thorough epilation every week. The nails sparkle golden and there is a slight reminder of the male thing shrunken away in the pubic hair, hardly a bother at all even when slightly bigger. The warm glow that I feel regarding all this, nothing to do with the heat of the sauna!, is positive proof that this was meant to be.

.

.

4 comments:

  1. I am grinning from ear to ear after reading this blog. Once again you had me on stitches! I can just imagine a video of your yucky exploding carbuncle! You have such a wonderful, sense of humor, and the owner of the blue Polo is very lucky to have such a good friend!

    I also loved your tender moment of self-affirmation in the sauna. Very sweet! Hope the hacking, sniffles, and upchucking are finally gone.

    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're much funnier than Benny Hill, Caroline. Not quite as funny as Hugh Laurie. That's a big middle ground, I know. You have a gentle, playful way of writing that is such a pleasure to read. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're talking like Yoda. I hope your affliction hasn't made you look like him as well!

    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a test! top of the class Melissa.

    Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks to all who ever joined in the conversation and to those who took the time to follow my zig zag to a new life..

I can be contacted on the email found on my profile page.