Saturday, 12 December 2009

Plumbing hell

My life is just vanishing at the moment. It started with trying to clear a sluggish sink which led to a broken seal which led to a snapped screw which I thought I had fixed but...

Now the whole sink and unit it was on have been ripped out to repair the faulty outlet installed forty years or more ago. Water does not drain up hill!

Plumbing ruins the nails and rips off bits of skin. Got commiseration from Aly while she electrified the few remaining hairs around the lips mostly. Then she gave me a new file because I had given my glass file to an aged relation having difficulty with cutting nails. then she said I should take some oil for the cuticles and while I was at it why not a few jars of face cream and no she did not want paying! I think she is just glad we have got through this project, she usually only did smaller areas mostly women with hirsute problems. Some birthday present!

Room looks like hurricane has just passed by and days have been lost on this "simple job". What is it with drains and parties? I thought I was being smart by having a not quite my birthday party on Sunday for lunch, nobody expected that! half can't come but in a way that is good to get a different mix. best they don't know it is almost my birthday so not obliged to bring any presents, we can just have fun. Shame we will not be able to wash the dishes!
.
.

3 comments:

  1. I have a theory that a 'green' way of washing up would be to lay the dirty crockery out in the garden so that the wild creatures can nibble the stuff off them. Avoids that sinking feeling.

    Unblocking drains was a regular chore for me once, at sea. They are probably the pongiest things going, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: I have a theory that a 'green' way of washing up would be to lay the dirty crockery out in the garden so that the wild creatures can nibble the stuff off them.

    Yes!I nominate Dru for for immediate induction into the Priesthood of The Church Of The Immaculate Epilation¡

    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Almost-Birthday!

    Love
    Dana
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks to all who ever joined in the conversation and to those who took the time to follow my zig zag to a new life..

I can be contacted on the email found on my profile page.