Sunday, 21 February 2010

A surprise.

The day started really miserable with a deep frost. Neither of us showed any enthusiasm for getting up, not much new there. We played sleepy puppies huddled together and for once instead of heading off into a deep coma we chatted. Not sure about what for much of the conversation but then my beloved came out with a random statement, “ I think you should try on some of my dresses, I think you would like some of them, especially the silk one “!


What do you say in reply to a statement like that except, “errrr, I do“, not the first proposal of hers I have answered that way!


I obliged by trying on the one she brought through and we discussed how it fitted, oops a wee bit tighter than usual round the middle!, like two friends trying to decide on a purchase in a shop, entirely normal!


Knowing how hard it is for many couples to come to terms with this sort of situation I almost feel guilty for having found so much acceptance. Sometimes like when out with friends for a meal she was pushing clues out as if trying to get this whole thing out in public and over with. My inner time table may find itself scrapped without warning, not that I shall complain.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like she has come to full terms with your transition, and is now embracing it. What a wonderful love you must share. It must be comforting to have such close ally.

    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I have a smile on my face reading that.
    I am looking forward to meeting you both in June, (if not April)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet story! Oh, I would love to be on the receiving end of a statement like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a sweet story, about as personal a thing as it gets for a partner to share! Won't ever happen to me, not a petite size 8 for a start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie is more than happy for me to flounce about in skirts but this really surprised me. aren't I lucky she is such a big girl?

    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was sure I'd commented on this post. You are very fortunate to be so loved.

    You'll be fighting over who wears what next ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anji, Who says we don't already! Some years ago I bought a fuschia coloured floral silk dressing gown which Julie said we could "share". It hangs from a picture rail which only I can reach! Normally I get her cast-offs, have done for years.

    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks to all who ever joined in the conversation and to those who took the time to follow my zig zag to a new life..

I can be contacted on the email found on my profile page.