Saturday, 27 March 2010

Le Radeau de la Méduse


Sometimes it feels like our small band are just survivors on the Raft of the Medusa.


We cling on for dear life and hope that we shall survive the ordeal and be able to end our days in peace, happy with our lot in life. Some of our fellow survivors see a chance and take a boat and cut free others are swept overboard never to be seen again or perhaps they swim for it and find safety on their own.


The trans world is perhaps not quite as precarious as life on that famous raft but when the small band of survivors looses one of our stronger supportive members who feels they have gained enough strength to make it alone many of those remaining cannot help but feel a great loss.


Today Lori surprised us and left. Her leaving will leave a much bigger hole in many people’s lives than she can possibly imagine. I can only wish her and her family the best for her new life, the life which we all dream of.

.

.

5 comments:

  1. Yes it does leave a hole.
    She was the first person I ever chatted to on messenger and one of my first friends in the old days of Yahoo 360.
    It has left me feeling sad all day to be honest.
    But I can understand her need to live her life now and move on.
    It is said with a lot of sadness though.
    I have lost several good friends on line and this morning I was thinking about how it effects us when friends we have met dissapear. Sometimes I feel like I should put up some barriers and not let myself become to attached to people.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very eloquent, Caroline! You said it better than I could. The room is going to feel a little empty for a while. She will surely be missed by many.

    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too wish Lori the very best. She will be dearly missed. Hopefully she will continue to share her wisdom on different topics, in other venues because regardless of what she wrote it was always enjoyable and a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline, your words touch my heart in a sad moment when I needed a touch. Thank you, truly. I won't be a stranger, I promise. I'll do my best to check in on you and not disappear from the face of the earth. I hate when that happens!

    I'd like to think I can come of with other creative ways to make my mark out there. "Just you wait, Henry Higgins, just you wait!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. So well said, Caroline.

    I see my blogging friends as family, although most of us will never meet. There is so much empathy among us. We all need each other for support.

    Losing Lori's daily words is like losing touch with a close family member.

    Calie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks to all who ever joined in the conversation and to those who took the time to follow my zig zag to a new life..

I can be contacted on the email found on my profile page.