Friday, 19 March 2010

New life.

No I did not rush straight to the chemist first thing this morning since I had an appointment to remove a nasty lump off my knee at the local health centre in the next town. Catching up on fixing all the irritating flaws now that life seems worth living! A breeze after the first injection but we were all surprised by the size of the lump which came out! Like an iceberg so much was hidden, no wonder it was such a nuisance. The Doc was surprised at how little bleeding there was, so was I since I just hate to clot. This seemed a bonus so I drove away happy and with plenty of time before my next appointment 15 miles away so I decided to pick up my patches. The odd sensations on my leg I put down to the numbing injections but when I looked my clean pale linen slacks were turning a strange browny red! High tailed it home and headed to the bathroom to investigate and sure enough the dressing was soaked in blood and the lower leg was covered in the same. I quickly decided what needed to be done and it was not fix the leg! Heck I have waited nearly forty years for the hormones and I don’t see the point of waiting any longer. The read me sheet is the size of a newspaper so I gave that to my wife to read and slapped the first sticky patch on my hip. For the record the new phase of life started at 10:17 GMT on 19th March 2010. Blood is what girls are better at and I am now officially slightly closer to that designation and therefore better qualified to fix the leak which I did quite quickly since I had to go off to be shown how to breathe, more about this another day.


No doubt this will take a while to start showing signs of working, I will not miss the hot flushes once they stop, if you have anyone suffering these, give them sympathy, they are sometimes interesting but can stop you in your tracks in an instant or leave you sleeping in a warm puddle! Not everyone takes to the hormones, I certainly hope I do not have that problem having waited so long and knowing what awaits me if I ever have to stop.


As if to celebrate with me the first rhododendron decided to burst into flower today and so many of the other shrubs have buds glinting with signs of new life after this harsh winter.


Lots of new life starting...

9 comments:

  1. Ouch! I hope the slacks aren't ruined on top of all that.

    Congratulations on your new regime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic news, I'm sure they'll agree with you, a nice time of year to start them as our part of the world comes into bloom, lets hope the horrid flushes will be a thing of the past once your levels are correct xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. New life blooming all around! Congrats on starting yours. It took me about a week before I was sure that what I was feeling was not all in my mind. Before long though it was like feeding my mind a vital nutrient it had been short on for so many years. Life did not become wonderful all of a sudden, but I had a much better outlook on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is definately springing for you. Working from home I've not been too worried about hot flushes, but it's nicer when they go away. Hope that you're still breathing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prompt action saved the slacks and I am still breathing, that is about trying to sort out a problem with my vocal cords which has taken my sweet voice away!

    Thanks Sophie, Nowhere had I ever read how long it might take to feel any effects, just shows that we have to keep posting and the whole story will be out there one day.

    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations.
    Have you had any more hot flushes yet?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel like I am in the sauna at the moment! Have not found my thermal underwear this winter, did not need it with this built in heating system. Hope Sophie is right , roll on next week.

    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congratulations Caroline! I hope your knee mends well. Quickest changes for me were in my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another late comment. Why have I not been keeping up? I missed this huge milestone! I will have to keep reading to see how things are going, but belated congratulations for now.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks to all who ever joined in the conversation and to those who took the time to follow my zig zag to a new life..

I can be contacted on the email found on my profile page.