Sunday, 16 May 2010

Finally tell my sisters.

Well here we are 450 miles south in the lush countryside around Oxford. Quite replete after diner in a country pub.


We arrived mid evening last night with everyone tired at the end of the week, a few comments were made about appearance but nothing to give a lead in to the story I wanted to tell, even the new pierced ears went without much comment except for the present of some new ones of gardening tools when I said I would be looking for some like that! Exhausted everyone went to bed early.


I arose bright and early and wandered the garden with some envy then went to browse the music collection for some inspiration, it is being input for the trip just now.


I put in my new dangly camera earrings.


As we sat for breakfast I said that there was something my sister had to know. There was a quivering of lip and an almost tearful look for a few seconds and almost instant acceptance that this is how it should always have been. There had been now real surprise at my appearance because I had always been much like this and now was just more extreme, earrings and definite women’s clothing was within expected behavior! My brother in law arrived from his trip to the shops at this point so we told him he was now outnumbered and had to re learn some pronouns, “oh fine” was about all he said, “no problem”. They have no problem with the concept and have had a previous close neighbour when in the city transition many years ago and knew of many others too. We are everywhere!


Soon I was preparing a salad lunch for the visit of her twin sister, husband and niece, I chatted to my sister for an hour or so about the past, what I told her made my life make much more sense, this was already accepted as history and life was to just go on.


Sister number two arrived at lunchtime and we greeted with a hug and I told her that I was about to spoil the family tree she was building. Something was said in explanation and this was again accepted and another hug and she was off on a subject which interested her more. No more was said about it for the rest of the day! I had been absorbed into normality in the blink of an eye!


This is a picturesque village so most of us went for a walk after lunch, the sisters and niece raced ahead and discussed having to try to be sure to use the “she” word, my niece was asked if she had any problems with the change, “no, I have already been through watching my friend Andrew turn into Amy at college”, as I said we are everywhere.


Another niece has just looked in to say hello while I am hidden away in this office, nobody had told her so we had a long chat. Never had a suspicion even though I had given her detailed suggestions on what to consider for her thesis on crossdressing when she was on her fashion course and the thousand other clues. I was my usual oblique self when I started to say what had happened so it was a while before she really got what I was telling her. She was so happy that I had found a way to break free and finally be myself.


So there you have it. No body suspected dispite or because I have always been the way I am but everyone has accepted my new self efortlessly and without reservation.


No excitement here, I wonder if France will be so simple? Ferry overnight on Sunday then shopping for this seasons potatoes in the French markets in Normandy before heading south.

5 comments:

  1. Well done Caroline.
    I am smiling a huge smile here for you.
    Sending a virtual hug !
    Looking forward to seeing you in France
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, from brother to sister, and uncle to aunt, "in the blink of an eye"! You couldn't ask for more smooth sailing than that! Congratulations!

    Looking forward to further reports from France!

    Have fun, sweetie!
    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing family you have. Enjoy your potatoes, the noirmoutiers are waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a lucky girl, Caroline, and you have a nice family.

    Travel safe and have fun. I envy you three!

    Calie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful that you have the support of your sisters and their families!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks to all who ever joined in the conversation and to those who took the time to follow my zig zag to a new life..

I can be contacted on the email found on my profile page.