Monday, 21 June 2010

Party over



After all the work in putting together my exhibition of photographs of France and getting them here it is all over.


I thought my last visitor would be my nephew who visited at midnight last night, then he went out… Several found their way in as we were packing up!


There is a bug going round and I got it. Sick as a dog and weak as a kitten which has made todays packing up a slow drawn out affair.


I Hardly slept for a minute last night so lay in a reclining chair half dozing all morning with random music in the ears waking t keep rehydrating after the horrendous night. A strange dream woke me, someone was licking my leg where I ripped it on the rocks in Spain, nobody that I know would be trying to give me any kind of sensual pleasure let alone this. What a disappointment to find that it was only the sex mad dog indulging in a bit of foreplay, he has fallen in love with my leg and does not understand why I am not too pleased. Why can’t he just amuse himself like he often does and leave us in peace. Had to laugh last week when he got too carried away and bit himself and put out a bloodcurdling yelp!


Julie realises that Wimbleldon tennis has started and really wants to be in charge of the remote, not possible when you are staying with your little sister.


In some ways we seem to have done a lot and in some ways there seems to be loads we could have done. Weather has been really changeable and cooler than usual so fewer trips to my paradise beach and less skin damage than expected. With uncontrollable access to the net I have failed to write up many of the soap opera events from staying here in real time, perhaps I shall write up the trip later.


Wednesday we set off slowly taking nearly three days to cross the country which the atlas says can be done in nine hours something if your credit card can stand the toll fees. The ferry is booked as is the first night stop somewhere we have been wanting to revisit for nearly thirty years, a sort of pilgrimage.


The weather forecast says that now we are leaving summer weather starts on Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your exhibit! But sorry about you being sick. I hope you feel better soon and at least get to enjoy the meander back northward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the Tennis will save you from the world cup!
    Have a safe trip home.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you have been ill. Get well soon, and have a safe and enjoyable trip back! At least you won't have to worry about the advances of your furry admirer anymore.

    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Caroline
    Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well and I hope you feel well soon.
    As for things you did not do, you can do those next time!
    have a save journey home
    hugz
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks to all who ever joined in the conversation and to those who took the time to follow my zig zag to a new life..

I can be contacted on the email found on my profile page.