Tuesday, 23 August 2011

A good news day?



Post garden project blues started to wander through my brain! Life is so calm and peaceful but the flurry of others ops happening recently had started to highlight how many had sailed past me during my time here on the net and somehow I was failing to ever finish this body project by running out of time and age related health making it impossible to continue.
Just as I am contemplating renaming my blog along the lines of “Cinderella needs size eleven glass slippers” a call to the GIC to make my six monthly appointment, see how interested in me they are!?, It was mentioned that the mistakes in applications for funding had been solved and go ahead given! How that will translate into action I have no idea. I know that the lists from Scotland are oversubscribed and places few at the best of times but the possibility that next year may be my year had an instant effect on my mood and interest in life! I have been trying to slowly loose some weight and maintain some degree of fitness to be ready for this mythical hospital date but now that it seems like it might actually happen everything changes. I have to loose more weight and keep a closer check on blood pressure, fitness may help here. House projects have become more urgent to progress before I get laid up for recovery. Garden has to be ahead of schedule rather than how it has always been, way behind! I had better have everything dug and prepared before the winter this time, you can see I am already wanting action by the spring! No dreaming of holiday trips for next year until some kind of timetable is mentioned…
My next scheduled visit is in December on my birthday which I am no longer marking in any other way. I will have to try and get some earlier clarification of the position and routine from here on in. Perhaps I have raised my hopes a little too high and soon but for the moment my mood has peaked and I shall use it to get as much done before the winter sets in.
Even before this happy news I have shocked myself by how much I am getting through even with the loss of “T” power, just by being positive and alive. I am trying not to think about how much better this place would have been if I had been in this kind of mood for the last thirty years since we moved in together.
Better late than never I guess...


Cinderella's worn out gardening shoes.



3 comments:

  1. Better news!

    You will feel very frustrated if you are post-op during the summer, and must resist all temptation to keep on top of the garden. But to get this huge prize, it'll be worth getting behind again!

    Lucy rustrated if you are post-op during the summer, and must resist all temptation to keep on top of the garden. But to get this huge prize, it'll be worth getting behind again!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that the sense of things actually progressing for you must be the most positive thing. Jolly good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'll just say this:
    You've come a long way, baby!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks to all who ever joined in the conversation and to those who took the time to follow my zig zag to a new life..

I can be contacted on the email found on my profile page.